- 1 -
Name: KAUSTAVI SARKAR
Date of Birth: 9
Telephone / Fax: 9867388876,03323702444,9831015835,9903815835
Nrityashastra : Nalanda Dance Research Centre, Mumbai, India.
Independent Program : Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance, New York.
Research Assistant : Texas A&M University, Texas, USA.
M.S. Economics : Texas A&M University, Texas, USA.
B.S. Economics : St. Xavier’s College, Calcutta University, West Bengal, India.
DANCE - HIGHLIGHTS
• Awarded Nalanda Nritya Nipuna, 2011 from Nalanda Dance Research Centre
under Dr. Kanak Rele.
• Awarded the Parampara Award by The Odissi Forum, Kolkata.
• Rankholder in senior category Odissi dance conducted by West Bengal Rajya Sangeet
• Fellowship on Improvisation and Choreography: Self Choreography Odissi Recital :
• Participated in Odissi International, 2010, Bhubaneswar.
• Awarded Odissi Jyoti at the 4
Naveen Kalakar 2010, Bhubaneshwar.
• Awarded Singar Mani at the 49
Kal Ke Kalakar Sangeet Sammelan 2010, Mumbai.
• Awarded Baisakhi Award by Chinta o Chetana on 21
April, 2010, Bhubaneswar for
contribution to Dance.
• Substitute faculty and Repertory member for Srjan, the premier Odissi institute since
• Working with Pausali Mukherjee Dance Academy under Guru Pausali Mukherjee and
“Sankalpa Nrityayan” with Subikash Mukherjee in Kolkata (since 2010 January).
• Selected (deferred) Recipient of Protima Bedi Scholarship (Nrtiyagram) (2009).
• Faculty at “Chhandayan”, the institution run by Pundit Samir Chatterjee, in New York
• Invited Guest Artist in Texas A&M University for Indian Dance(2007-2008).
• Represented India at the Commonwealth Day Celebrations in Sri Lanka(2007).
• National Scholarship for ODISSI(2005).
• Gold medal winner in the National Skating Championship(2003).
• Sportsperson of the year (Telegraph Awards)(2003).
• EMPANELMENT with:
• EZCC (Eastern Zonal Cultural Centre, Govt. Of India.
• ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations, Govt. Of India).
• SANGEET NATAK ACADEMY
• INDIA ASSOCIATION, TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY
• SPICMACAY, TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY
• OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL OUTREACH, TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY