123 Apple Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19103
THE WHARTON SCHOOL, UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA
Master of Business Administration Candidate; Major in Marketing and Entrepreneurship
• Wharton Ventures (Early stage VC fund), Principal: One of eight students selected from 150+ applicants to join WV, which
sources deals, performs due diligence, and analyzes tech and healthcare investments for deals of $100k - $3 million.
• Chair, Wharton Yearbook (2009 – 2011): Helped re-launch Wharton’s yearbook in 2010 and publish it in just 4 months.
• Wharton Venture Capital Competition (Finalist). Elected social chair of cohort of 70 students.
UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA
Master of Science and Engineering, Computer and Information Science
Bachelor of Science and Engineering, Major in Computer Science Engineering, Minor in Mathematics
• Created and independently taught Computer Science course, the first undergraduate to have earned permission to do so.
Founder and CEO
• Founded CareerCup to help candidates prepare for technical interviews through an online forum, book, video and coaching.
• Built company to $Xk in revenue and $Yk in annual profit.
• Negotiated partnerships with websites such as Glassdoor.com, SoftwareInterview.com, and Technical-Interview.com.
Founder and Co-CEO
• Founded SAF to organize social events for 4000 young professionals, and grew it to $Xk/year revenue and $Yk/year profit.
• Landed article on front page of Seattle P.I.’s Lifestyle section (http://xrl.us/safpi) within 3 months of company launch.
Vice President of Engineering
• Led re-architecture of online advertising product, enabling company to ship product in 1/3
of previously estimated time.
• Prepared, with CEO, projected cash-flow statements for three years and cut expected costs by 30%.
• Hired and managed remote testing team, design team, and assistant.
• Led successful integration of Google Talk music features with partner team and helped redesign product for better usability.
• Designed and built Google Docs feature requiring collaboration with three internal teams and four outside companies.
• Directed recruiting efforts for University of Pennsylvania, recruiting 20 candidates and earning award for being in top 5%.
Software Engineer, Intern
• Designed new approach for searching iChat files, enabling rapid searching and backwards compatibility.
Software Design Engineer, Intern
Summers 2001 - 2003
• Implemented features for developer products with millions of users in 50% of estimated time.
• Author, The Google Resume: How to Prepare for a Career and Land a Job at Apple, Microsoft, Google or any Top
Tech Company (2011): To be published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. in March 2011.
• Author, Cracking the Coding Interview (2008): Wrote book about how to prepare for and master programming interviews.
Available on Amazon.com and BarnesAndNoble.com. ISBN 978-1451578270.
• Instructor, University of Washington (2006, 2008): Taught two Computer Science courses, earning rating of 4.8 / 5.0.