CV template example one
1 Sample Close, Samplewell, Sampleshir
A21 5SA · T
el: 01000 123456 · Email: [email protected]
Now my children are in full time education I’m looking forward to returning to work. As a parent I
have developed lots of new skills to care for young children, for example, communicating, planning
and organising. I’m highly motivated, work well as part of a team and have a caring personality with
some excellent work experience gained by volunteering at the local Home-start. I’m now looking for
a position in social care to develop a career.
• Successfully completed my Home-start volunteers training course, including CRB check and being
matched with my ﬁrst family
• Received personal thanks from a young mother for helping her to cope and to see a clearer future
• Completed a ﬁrst aid course
Home visiting volunteer, Home-start (2008 – 2011)
• Responsible for visiting families at home who are in need of some support.
• Listen to individuals’ needs and assess how I can help them and improve their situation.
• Provide a sympathetic ear, a shoulder to cry on and someone to laugh with.
• Help people to keep appointments or access local services or just ‘connect’ with their
• Provide an extra pair of hands to help people cope with everyday parenting situations, or practical
help with activities like playing or reading stories.
• Provide a regular progress report to Home-start ofﬁces.
Sales assistant, River Island (2001 – 2005)
• Serving and advising customers, giving information on products and prices, helping customers to
ﬁnd the goods they want, advising on the availability of stock.
• Taking payment by cash or card.
• Stacking shelves or displaying goods in an attractive way.
• Promoting any special offers or store cards.
• Ordering goods that are unavailable.
• Handling any complaints or passing them on to a manager.
Disabled riding school volunteer, Cowley Stables (2000 – 2001)
• Interact with the disabled children to ensure they have a lovely time.
• Led pony and rider around the arena continuously conscious of
ensuring a safe environment.