Administrative Functional Resume Sample
Julie Zhang, B.A.
2 Bloor Street St. E, Toronto, Ontario M2S 3G3
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Results focused, client-oriented Administrative Assistant with extensive experience working in a high-
volume, deadline-driven environment. Proven ability to work under pressure and remain focused during
constant interruptions. Self-motivated and self-directed, improved the efficiency and accuracy of the office
by restructuring the organizational flow. A multi-tasker, with excellent communication skills; sensitive to
the needs of students, staff and faculty; developed writing materials which are being used to promote the
Faculty of Medicine.
Administration Customer-Service Oriented Organization Multi-tasker
Office Organization & Support
• Managed the department’s journal collection; took the initiative to learn about the system used by
medical libraries to categorize materials and set-up the same system for the departments, greatly
enhancing access to information from these sources by staff and students.
• Ensured office equipment ran smoothly and properly and managed the inventories, ordered
equipment and supplies. Created a more efficient monitoring process that enabled the quick
identification of items and materials that needed to be restocked.
• Coordinated a better security system for staff, faculty and students by initiating mandatory
Radiation Badges upon arrival.
Ensured the patient record filing systems were in good order and scheduled appointments with the utmost
confidentiality and highest standards of sensitivity.
Communication & Customer Service
• Played a key role in the drafting of promotional materials for the department. Created the template
for marketing materials to prospective faculty that continues to be used as a principal information
document for recruitment.
• Consistently dealt with confidential information and services; maintained the highest standard of
discretion when handling caseloads concerning staff, faculty and students.
• Effectively handled incoming inquires from visitors at the Front Desk, and by e-mail and phone;
quickly identified and ensured that they were received by the appropriate staff and faculty
members in the department.
• Provided high quality services by personally greeting arrivals and professionally determining the
nature of the enquiry.
• Prepared orders for frames and contacts with 100% accuracy and assisted patients with their initial
selections prior to consultation with the optometrist.
• Tracked and inputted debit memos, purchase orders, and purchase requisitions using FIS financial
functions, facilitating the smooth operation of administrative financial management.
• Demonstrated thorough knowledge in Access and prepared spreadsheets for management.