Jane M. Mortimer, cpa, mba
“Jane is a consummate professional whose expertise enabled us to save over $13 million within two years
by closely examining our operations and implementing new cost controls.”
R. Smith,CEO, Braumhampton International
Agile, results-oriented accountant with a proven record of identifying and executing profitable solutions.
Over 13 years’ experience helping national and international corporations substantially improve financial
operations. Expertise in healthcare supply chain management. Savvy presentation skills combined with a
keen ability to successfully network with executives, clinicians and non-clinicians to achieve the
organizational goals. Technically proficient in Microsoft Office, advanced knowledge of MS Excel,
OLAP (Microstrategy and Business Objects), Document Direct and Document Analyzer.
Project Management ~ Software Implementation ~ Financial Reporting
Reimbursement Methodologies ~ Inventory Management ~ Physician Practice Patterns
BRAUMHAMPTON INTERNATIONAL, Albany, NY 1993 - 2004
Controller (1998 – 2004)
Managed and interpreted financial and operational data to measure performance and identify organization
wide improvement opportunities for a worldwide network of healthcare facilities. Harnassed data
warehouse capabilities to create operational efficiencies for purchasing and warehousing functions.
Benchmarked providers and reduced operating expenses for facilities.
• Saved $790,000 within first three months as Controller by researching operating expenses and
obtaining benchmark data resulting in utility contract renegotiations.
• Slashed supply expenses by over $1 million within one year by analyzing high cost healthcare
categories to identify physician preference contracting options and tighten tier commitments.
• Spearheaded initiative to educate management staff in transition from material managers to supply
chain directors for 15 facilities and advised on use of technological enhancements in daily operations.
Financial Analyst (1996 – 1998)
Prepared financial reporting including ad hoc reports and monthly fiscal reports for executives and board.
Evaluated clinical procedures for best practices and examined net revenue from third party payors of
network hospitals to identify cost-saving opportunities. Reported directly to CFO. Assisted in budget
preparation and year end closings.
• Played key role in multi-million dollar joint venture between MCO Network and Braumhampton;
validated $17 million in monthly cash flow by pinpointing and resolving financial discrepancies.
• Achieved $12 million in network hospital savings by analyzing reimbursement schedule of major
insurance carrier and identifying underpayments.
• Boosted earnings by product lines by auditing ROI from capital investment for physician equipment
to determine best physician practice patterns.