Marketing Director Sample Resume
1111Haxel Drive, Shaker Hts, Ohio 44000
(330) 111-0000 (o) ● (440) 555-0001 (h) ● (440) 222-0000 (m)
Accomplished, senior marketing professional with broad retail marketing experience, encompassing strategic planning,
qualitative & quantitative research, interactive marketing, creative development, media planning & buying,
database /direct-marketing, public relations, sales promotion and visual merchandising, with the ability and skill
set to provide creative, innovative, enthusiastic and forward-thinking leadership in a team environment. Focused on
achieving continuous, improved business performance.
11/95 – Present Smith Company, Cleveland, OH
A 70 year old, $8billion, international general retailer with nearly 10,000 locations.
Marketing Director – 12345 Division (5/00 – present)
Appointed to lead the entire marketing function through a turnaround. Assumed majority of responsibilities &
accountabilities previously help by the vice president and the director of field marketing.
• Led the developed and implementation of annual marketing plans that resulted in consistent sales increases, in a flat
growth industry. During this time, marketing played a key role in achieving sales growth that consistently out-
performed key competitors and the industry as a whole. This growth resulted in 12345 becoming profitable in 2002,
for the first time in over ten years.
• Drove the development and implementation of media strategies that resulted in improved efficiency and accelerated
sales growth and profitability. One such strategy drove incremental, comp store sales growth of six percent in
markets representing nearly 50% of system-wise sales.
• Increased franchisee participation in national and local marketing initiatives, resulting in two year, comp store sales
increase of 2%.
• Directed development of business-to-consumer, business-to-business and associate-to-family, Local Store
Marketing programs that drove incremental annual sales of $4 million.
• Spearheaded the testing and rollout of a private label, retail-financing program that has resulted in incremental sales
of over $1 million, in the first three months and projected to drive annual incremental system-wide sales of over $30
• Developed and implemented consumer research designed to improve results of our sales promotions.
• Increased annual vendor co-op fund by over 100%, in less than two years, resulting in an increase in “consumer-
Director, Brand Management –67890, Inc. (11/99 – 5/00)
$900+ million division of Smith Company with 800+ corporate-owned and franchised stores in the U.S., Puerto Rico
and Canada. Promoted to lead the development and implementation of national-level, brand positioning &
general marketing initiatives.
• Directed development of interactive, direct marketing, media, creative, sales promotion and PR strategies.
• Built entirely new staff of nine marketing professionals, following company’s acquisition and relocation.
• Controlled $45million national budget.
• Conducted reviews for and hired four outside agency resources (general market, direct marketing, interactive, print
• Launched two, successful brand-building advertising campaigns.
• Championed the development and launch of www.67890.com – the most visited website in this Retail category with
nearly 2 million hits per month in less than one year.
• Blueprinted Public Relations & publicity strategies resulting in 90+ million free, annual media impressions.
• Initiated a comprehensive, relational database-marketing program, which increased customer retention by over 10%
-- in the first month -- and achieved 8:1 ROI in less than 6 months.
• Responsible for design, development and implementation of consumer research.
• Concepted a highly targeted Group Sales Solicitation program.
• Designed two category & company first, national sales events, resulting in record sales and the company’s highest
comp sales performance for the year.
• Pioneered implementation of a toll free, consumer 800# locator featuring direct-connect technology, which resulted
in a 22% increase in store call volume.
• Implemented a downloadable “On-hold” messaging system reducing store labor hours and related costs.
• Directed the development and implementation of new frame merchandising strategy resulting in consistent product
presentation across all stores and increased ease of customer shopping process by 15%.