National Association of the Remodeling Industry ~ Tampa Bay Area Chapter
Board of Directors Retreat Agenda NOVEMBER 6 2015 – Page 1 of 24
Page 1 of 24 ~ October 28, 2015 nari board retreat nov 6 2015 agenda with exhibits
Core Purpose/Mission Statement
: To advance and promote the remodeling industry's
professionalism, product and vital public purpose.
* Professional: Ethical and honest; committed to high standards
* Open: Diverse and respectful; inclusive of many views and dedicated to free expression
* Informed: and knowledgeable; resourceful and flexible
* Member Focused: Focused on importance of success, return on investment and profit
Vision Statement: "All remodelers will want to be members of Tampa Bay Area NARI and remodel
ready consumers will insist on contracting with our members.”
PLANNING RETREAT AGENDA
Agenda Item Board Exhibit
I. Review of NARI Challenges
Purpose of retreat is to discuss solutions and plan activities that will implement those solutions successfully
II. Desired Retreat Outcomes:
Board as a whole (versus committees) agrees to focus on:
Determine the goal and objectives for each committee for 2015
Focus on ways to increase revenue (membership, special events,
Create budgets for each committee so the budget committee can
create a balanced budget for 2015, which they will bring to the
board for their vote at the next Board meeting.
Ways to continue to communicate the value of NARI both
internally and externally.
III. Overview of 2015 Strategic plan July Board Retreat
1. Review what we accomplished, what we did not and what we
want to attempt for 2016.
A. Go through each committee very quickly.
· What has been accomplished
· What has not
· Determine a new realistic goal
IV. Finalize the Strategies and activities for each priority
· What must be done for 2016 to achieve the goals
· Are there National recommendations we should implement
· Do we have to do anything different to meet Chapter
· Who is going to do what
How will we know we will be successful
Doug’s Notes from
the National Meeting