Business Plan Template
U.S. Small Business Administration
Small Business Training Network
Five Important Tips
Before You Start!
1. The business plan should tell a compelling
story about your business, explaining who,
what, when, where, how and why.
2. Your plan should be focused and clear. It’s
not about the number of pages or style of the
3. The plan should define specific business
objectives and goals with general parameters
to guide the organization.
4. Writing a business plan should force logic
and discipline into a business.
5. A good business plan is a living document.
It should be updated regularly.