Sample Land Lease Contract
This agreement, a contract, sets forth the terms as a binding agreement between the
lessee____________________________________ and the leaser XYZ Henry & Leslie
Rae Henry , executed on this day ____________________20??.
The following terms are set forth:
1. The purpose of this contract permits the lessee_______________________
exclusive use of the land owned by leaser ___________________________ for
the purpose of grazing of livestock (belonging to the Edward Patrick & Leslie Rae
Henry and family) and farming (arable land only).
2. The attached description denotes the land to be utilized in this agreement. The
land base consists of ______________acres of which ________acres are
3. The land will be leased at the rate of $__________per/A for a total of
$_____________ per year (12 months). This shall be payable no more than 30
days prior to the beginning date of annual contract.
4. The grazing and farming annual contract period shall commence on November 1,
2008 and End on October 31 of each year for up to 5 years (20??)
will be renegotiated.
5. This agreement shall be renewable every 5 years.
6. All repairs to fence lines and wells will be at the expense of the landowner
(lessee) prior to the beginning of this contract period. The leaser will assume the
responsibility to all expenses of the fence lines and well after the contract period
7. Any future improvements to the grazing unit shall be at the expense of the leaser,
but that a fair market price is negotiated between the landowner and the leaser at
the end of the term for costs incurred. Prior negotiations will take place before
any improvements to the land are implemented between the landowner and the
leaser. If leaser is not reimbursed for improvements above the leaser has 90 days
to remove all improvements from the leased land.
8. The landowner reserves the right to trespass on the unit so long as there is no
disturbance to the livestock, and also, in agreement with leaser.
The above terms has been reviewed and are in mutual agreement between both the
lessee and the leaser on this date _____________________.
zxy & abc
Leaser:_______________________ & _______________________
XYZ Henry Leslie Rae Henry