Harper Associates specializes in management recruitment for the hotel, restaurant, country club, and food
service industries. The Hospitality Division is directed by Ben Schwartz, a Michigan State University
Hospitality graduate. Our service is confidential, with all fees employer paid.
SAMPLE RESUME FOR HOSPITALITY FIELD
31000 Northwestern Highway
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
(248) 932-1170 - Home (248) 932-1216 - Cellular
Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
B.A. Degree, May 2002
The School of Hospitality Business
Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, New York
A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts, May 1999
Put your highest degree first. Recent grads may expand on college activities.
HARPER HOTEL, Troy, MI (2002 to Present)
www.harperhotel.com (including an impressive website would be a plus)
Food & Beverage Director Confidential
Deluxe hotel complex with 400 rooms, gourmet restaurant (150 seats), casual
dining cafe (100 seats), nightclub with live entertainment (200 seats) and banquet
facilities to 500. Annual food and beverage volume $4.5 million, with 34% food
cost and 22% liquor cost. Responsible for hiring and training staff, purchasing,
kitchen supervision, forecasting, budgeting, and P & L.
HARPER RESTAURANT, Plymouth, MI (1999 to 2002)
Total kitchen responsibility for full service, fine dining restaurant, 200 seats, $3
million annual sales volume. Directed food preparation, purchasing, inventory
control, scheduling, menu planning and catering. Standardized recipes, with most
menu items prepared from scratch.
Language Spoken: If applicable
Will travel and/or relocate (if applicable)
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING A RESUME
1. Most employers prefer to receive your resume in a Word attachment.
2. Don't make it too long - highlight the major areas. One page is ideal, two should be the limit.
3. Do not list references - a separate sheet should be prepared and presented upon request.
4. Do not list an objective - the reader is interested in what you can do for him.
5. Omit reasons for leaving - they will be discussed during an interview.
6. Omit salaries - you want to be hired on the basis of what you are worth, not on what you were paid.
7. If you desire relocation, it may be advantageous to include a separate digital photo of
yourself in addition to your resume.
31000 Northwestern Hwy., Ste. 240 • Farmin
ton Hills, MI 48334 • Ph: (248) 932-1170 • Fx: (248) 932-1214